19/03/2009

Questionnaire and results

Questionnaire.
1. What is your name?
2. What is your gender? Male/Female
3. How old are you?
4. Which do you prefer?
Punk
Rock
Ska
Hip-hop
Pop
Drum and Bass
RnB
Other (please state) ...............................................
5. What colour do you like more and would like to see on a magazine?
Red
Yellow
Blue
Orange
Pink
Black
Grey
6. Name one thing you would like to see in a magazine
Gig listings
Quizzes
Interviews
7. Do you read music magazines? Yes/No
If yes, please state why ..........................................................................................................................
8. How much is a reasonable price for a music magazine? .....................................................................
9. Do you prefer pictures in a contents page to no pictures? Yes/No
10. What do you look for to read about in a double page spread? .......................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................
Results
I asked my focus group of 15 people to fill out my questionnaire to help me research and make decisions about my music magazine. There were 5 boys and 10 girls who completed them for me, all ages between 15 – 19.
From looking at my results, the majority of people asked tended to be into/prefer similar things. My target audiences preferred music genre was ‘Drum and Bass’ music, being the clear winner, closely followed by ‘R&B’ music. Also, three colours – black especially, red and blue stood out by a long way as the colours they would like to see on a magazine. When asked what they would want from a magazine, the three options which were gig listings, quizzes and interviews, came out as pretty equal with quizzes just slightly falling behind.
I also found that only four people out of the fifteen currently read music magazines so hopefully I can change that by asking more questions about why they don’t read music magazines if that is the case. One reason for this could be the pricing of the magazine which the majority of my sample said they thought that £2.00 is a reasonable price to pay. They added to that by saying they prefer pictures in a contents page – which would maybe interest them and entice them more than having no pictures and just words. If I were to create a questionnaire again for the same reason I think I would ask more questions in detail and maybe before I started making it, think more about what I want to gain from my results and what would be most helpful for what research I needed. I would also try to ask an equal amount of males and females as mu current sample shows evidence of gender bias.

No comments:

Post a Comment