19/03/2009

Creating my contents page


My contents page uses many pictures which takes up most of the space, i decided to do this because i found that people tended to look at pictures before reading text so by doing it this way, more people who pick up the magazine will find it easier and quicker to look at whats inside, before buying. One down side to this is that i found it difficult coming up with different idea's for pictures, and also actually finding somewhere/someone to take the pictures of. I planned out what the pictures would be, and how i would get them but as time went on i realised that they would be too difficult so i changed my plans to pictures that would be easier to create. I wanted my contents page to link with my cover so i used the brand identity in the same place, to make it clear it was the same magazine, i also used red and black which is my colour scheme, as i used it on this, my cover and i also incorporated it into my DPS. To start with, where the title 'contents' is, there was far too much red empty space underneath so i thought it would be a good idea, to link it even more with my cover to have a 'catchphrase' that i would use in every weeks issue. When creating it, I originally had black writing but it didnt look very interesting so once again i went against the black on white convention and changed the writing to white. I would also have the picture page on the left and article on the right as people tend to read left to right and will see the pictures first, to persuade them to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment